Clinical Hypnotherapy Certification Program
- March 2, 2018 (Level 1)
- April 13-15, 2018 (Level 2)
- April 27-29, 2018 (Level 3)
- 60 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Certification by The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute - "Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist"
- Participants Eligible for National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH) Certification Upon Completion of 60-Hour Course
- Please note that the pricing for this certificate program is extremely affordable as compared to other certification programs, and it is the only one of its kind in the Southeast!
- Prerequisite: Anyone is welcome to take Hypnotherapy Level 1. However, to be eligible for full certification and to be able to conduct breakout practice sessions with other participants, NBCCH and ASMI require that all registrants have completed at least one year of graduate work (masters or doctoral level) in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or Psychology. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Hypnotherapy Certification Program Refund Policy: Cancellations of registrations for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program must be received no less than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the program. *Please note that payments made via Credit Card or PayPal have certain fees associated with them, some of which are non-recoupable and are therefore non-refundable by The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute. As such, if a refund for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program is requested, there will be a $75 fee deducted from the amount of the refund. This fee does not apply to cash or check payments. Should you have any questions regarding our workshop refund policy, please contact our Director of Business Operations at 770.953.0080 Ext. 2.
Presented by: Becky Beaton, PhD, NBCCH-Fellow
Dr. Beaton is a Licensed Psychologist and the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) with over 25 years of experience. She is a National Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy (NBCCH-Fellow) through the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH). Dr. Beaton earned her Fellowship (the highest level of certification) with NBCCH for her extensive years of training and experience in hypnotherapy in 2005. She has taught hundreds of workshops both nationally and internationally. However, for many years Dr. Beaton exclusively taught hypnotherapy certification courses to mental health professionals all over the United States, Mexico, and South Africa. She later created the NBCCH approved training for ASMI in 2008, and she's excited to be teaching this course once again herself in 2017. The primary reason that she has chosen to teach it again amidst her busy schedule is how powerful the training is for the participants - both professionally and personally. For planning purposes, please keep in mind that she only plans to teach this certification course once per year. Dr. Beaton is known for her unusual combination of being extremely knowledgeable & scientific yet down-to-earth & easy to understand, while also being playful and humorous. Not only will you learn a ton, you'll have fun doing so. LPCA of Georgia has awarded her with both the Counselor Educator of the Year Award in 2005 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
About Our Program:
The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is an integrative treatment and training facility offering continuing education workshops and seminars to mental health professionals in Atlanta, including a highly respected 60-hour training program for hypnotherapy certification.
This unique program meets the training standards of the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists for professionals seeking NBCCH certification, and it enables the trainee to develop practical skills through didactic teaching, observation of instructor, personal experience, and supervised hypnotherapy practice sessions. The training covers clinically targeted applications of several effective methods and techniques which combine several theoretical models, ground-breaking neuroscience research and include the following:
- The cutting edge research on neuroscience, the emotional brain, and memory reconsolidation to heal trauma.
- Sensory-enhanced Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.
- Somato-sensory awareness for mind/body healing.
- Imaginal exposure therapy for anxiety and the OCD spectrum disorders using trance, including Michelle Craske's ground-breaking research on inhibitory learning.
- Applied resource state hypnotherapy for distress tolerance, containment, ego strengthening, stress management, and grounding.
- Utilization of trance to enhance memory reconsolidation approaches such as EMDR, Tapping, RRT, the Counting Method, etc. for rapid trauma resolution while minimizing the danger of retraumatization. The application of the Counting Method combined with trance and the memory reconsolidation protocol for healing trauma is included as part of this training.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
- Heart opening and gratitude to prime the mind and body for healing. A "HeartMath" biofeedback demonstration is utilized to illustrate the power of this simple yet powerful priming technique.
- Transpersonal hypnotherapy
- Ericksonian scripting.
- Experiential approaches to facilitate corrective experiences via trance.
** Also see the descriptions of Hypnotherapy Level 1, 2, & 3 for more information.
The Anxiety and Stress Management Institute is an approved CE provider for psychologists, professional counselors, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists. Our Clinical Hypnotherapy Certification program provides 60 continuing education clock hours through Hypnotherapy Levels 1, 2, 3 and ten Individual Clinical Hours that must be logged and written up.
Please note: Hypnotherapy Levels 2 and 3 are limited to a total of 28 people in order to give each participant individualized attention and ascertain that everyone leaves with exceptional skills as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (CCH). Dr. Beaton has only been teaching this certification course once per year, so please register early if you know you want to complete your certification as a CCH or apply for the NBCCH.
Enrollment Requirements (at least one of the following):
- Masters Degree in Professional Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy, or participant is currently enrolled in one of the above Masters Degree programs and have completed at least one year of training.
- Doctoral Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work, or participant is currently enrolled in one of the above Doctoral programs and have completed at least one year of training.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
60 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: ASMI is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- GSCSW: The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- MFTs: Related hours.
- NBCCH: ASMI meets the training standards of the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists for professionals seeking certification by the Board. ASMI is an approved CE provider for psychologists, licensed professional counselors, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists.
Date: March 2, 2018
7 CE Hours
(Cannot be combined with any other ASMI workshop for discount. Hypnotherapy: Level 1 is a prerequisite.)
Dates: April 13-15, 2018 - Level 2
Dates: April 27-29, 2018 - Level 3
*** Must call to register in order to confirm that Hypnotherapy: Level I was attended and that space is still available due to limited registration.
53 CE Hours
What Previous Participants are Saying About Dr. Beaton's Hypnotherapy Certification Training:
- "This is the single best training that I've ever taken!!" C.C.
- "I cannot recommend this certification course high enough. I left with so many new skills that I can use immediately. I didn't realize that I can combine hypnotherapy with other approaches I use, and it enhances their effectiveness. I feel like I've found a way to make a much greater impact on the quality of my client's lives." A.G.
- "This workshop changed by life both professionally and personally! The experiential exercises were amazing. Not only did I learn some incredible new approaches, I really found myself as a therapist!" T.R.
- "I can't say enough about Dr. Beaton's trainings. I've always been impressed with her knowledge base, but her heart really comes out in this training, and it taught me to open mine as well." S.D.
- "I loved this certification course! What can I say - Life-changing sums it up!" M.O.
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333