- May 3, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (Related Hours for MFTs)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $105 before April 19, $120 after
Presented by: Tara Arnold, Ph.D., LCSW
Tara Arnold, PhD, LCSW, CEDS-S is the clinical director and co-founder of WholeHeart Psychotherapy, a practice specializing in healing relationships with food, sex, and body. Dr Arnold is intensively trained in DBT and a renowned speaker in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and has presented nationally educating clinicians on DBT techniques since 1999. In her practice at WholeHeart Psychotherapy in Atlanta, Dr Arnold conducts individual therapy and group therapy in body image, DBT, interpersonal dynamics, and healing eating disorders.
The Advanced DBT in Clinical Practice workshop is designed for clinicians who have already has exposure to basic DBT practice and concepts. This workshop will go in-depth into DBT clinical skills of assessment, targeted intervention, and group experiential activities. We will explore attachment enhancing strategies, therapy interfering behavior, and irreverent communication.
The workshop will be partially lecture based, and then we will actually do several experiential group activities to apply DBT skills. Participants will have many relevant practice applications. There will be case examples included to deepen the understanding of the uses of DBT in clinical practice.
- Review DBT terminology.
- Explore DBT stylistic strategies of commitment and irreverence.
- Learn DBT assumptions for therapists and clients.
- Explore diary card and behavior chain analysis in depth.
- Utilize DBT skills in their individual and group clinical practice.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
What people are saying about this workshop:
- “This was the clearest explanation of DBT I have ever experienced.”
- “Fabulous! Super knowledgeable. Wish we had more time.”
- “Excellent workshop session. An excellent fund of knowledge and information presented in an oustanding, truly effective way.”
- “Excellent treatment-specific workshop and a great presenter.”
- “Great presenter! Nice to have a change to move beyond the basics in DBT.”
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- GSCSW: This workshop is approved for 5 core continuing education hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- MFTs: Related hours.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333