Provided by: Katie Raskin, M.A., LPC, HHC
What is Holistic Nutritional Counseling?:
Holistic Nutritional Counseling is a combination of personalized meal planning and supportive counseling to achieve and maintain your health and nutrition goals.
Holistic Nutrional Counseling can help you:
- Achieve your optimal weight.
- Connect with an innate inner-wisdom and establish a greater sense of self-trust when it comes to eating.
- Recognize and challenge the automatic thoughts that lead to overeating and cope with distress more skillfully.
- Find and choose foods that are healthy and satisying without increasoning your food budget.
- Balance your hormones through diet, lifestyle, and self-care techniques.
- Experience more pleasure and satisfaction from your meals through the use of mindfulness techniques.
- Understand and reduce cravings and urges to eat.
Why you may need Holistic Nutritional Counseling:
With the overwhelming number of messages confronting us every day concerning which foods do or do not constitute a "healthy diet," it can be challenging to figure out what advice is appropriate for YOU. Our nutritional counselor works with clients to create personalized meal plans based on their individual needs and preferences and helps them find wholesome alternatives to their favorite comfort foods. Nutritional counseling is not about restrictive dieting; instead, it assists clients in pinpointing and focusing on the foods and other sources of nourishment that make them feel satisfied and energized.
For many, food serves as much more than a source of physical nourishment. While it is often associated with joy and comfort, food can also be a response to negative emotions like sadness or stress, a form of distraction or escape, and for some, it can even feel like an uncontrollable addiction. Discovering and paying attention to your personal triggers and learning how to self-soothe more skillfully allows you to break free from the destructive cycle of dieting and overeating.
Our nutritional counselor takes a holistic approach, examining how all of the parts of one's life can affect one's health as a whole. Through conversations, education, and practice, you will begin to understand which food and lifestyle changes work best for you, and you will then implement lasting changes that will improve your energy, health, and sense of balance.
If you are interested in making an appointment with one of our therapists, or if you have further questions, please contact one of our Intake Coordinators at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 302