- March 29, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (Related Hours for MFTs)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $105 before March 15, $120 after
Presented by: Tara Arnold, Ph.D., LCSW
Tara Arnold, PhD, LCSW, CEDS-S is the clinical director and co-founder of WholeHeart Psychotherapy, a practice specializing in healing relationships with food, sex, and body. Dr Arnold is intensively trained in DBT an d a renowned speaker in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and has presented nationally educating clinicians on DBT techniques since 1999. In her practice at WholeHeart Psychotherapy in Atlanta, Dr Arnold conducts individual therapy and group therapy in body image, DBT, interpersonal dynamics, and healing eating disorders.
The DBT in Clinical Practice presentation will explore mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, radical acceptance, and interpersonal effectiveness. We will review the basic concepts and terminology of DBT. Participants will learn how to apply DBT principles in their personal clinical practice settings. Examples of group exercises and content application will be provided.
By attending this presentation, the participants will have a better understanding of DBT concepts and terminology. Ways to apply the therapy to individual practice will be illuminated, which are the techniques that are best practices with people who have come from invalidating or abusive environments. Participants will have a strong foundation of DBT concepts as a result of this workshop.
- Recognize basic DBT terminology.
- Identify the four skills training modules of DBT practice.
- Identify the DBT skills training group exercises.
- Utilize basic DBT concepts to their clinical practice.
- Utilize basic validation strategies to help clients' readiness to change in their clinical practice.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
What people are saying about this workshop:
- “This was the clearest explanation of DBT I have ever experienced.”
- “Fabulous! Super knowledgeable. Wish we had more time.”
- “Excellent workshop session. An excellent fund of knowledge and information presented in an oustanding, truly effective way.”
- “Excellent treatment-specific workshop and a great presenter.”
- “Great presenter! Nice to have a change to move beyond the basics in DBT .”
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- GSCSW: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- MFTs: Related hours.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333