- May 31, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $115 before May 17, $130 after
Presented by: David Woodsfellow, Ph.D.
For the last 25 years Dr. David Woodsfellow’s practice has been exclusively couples therapy. During this time, he’s done over 25,000 hours of couples therapy. In 2018, he and his wife, Deborah, co-authored Love Cycles, Fear Cycles: Reduce Conflict and Increase Connection in Your Relationship, published by SelectBooks. David is a graduate of Harvard, Antioch New England, UC Santa Barbara, and Georgia State University. He has trained extensively with Harville Hendrix, John Gray, John and Julie Gottman, and Terry Real.
Many people come to therapy troubled about their relationships. They’re usually stuck in a negative cycle that they can’t get out of, no matter how hard they try. Helping them change these cycles is an essential component of successful therapy. This workshop presents an extremely user-friendly diagram for understanding these fear cycles. The model is interesting, insight-producing and easy-to-remember. Clients like it and find it easy to understand. Therapists find it very useful, even during a fast-moving session. This workshop is appropriate for couples therapists and for individual therapists. Therapists' life-partners are also welcome. You and your partner might want to learn this model together, so that you can apply it to your relationship. In this workshop we’ll show you how to change fear cycles to love cycles. When you do that you’ve really helped clients change their lives.
- Diagram the unique Fear Cycle in any client’s relationship.
- Clarify which behavior each person needs to change.
- Clarify which emotion each person needs to learn to regulate.
- State a possible origin of each Fear Cycle in each person’s childhood.
- Explain the unique Love Cycle in any client’s relationship.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- GSCSW: Pending approval
- MFTs: Pending approval
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333