(2 Three-Day Weekends = 6 Days Total)
- June 14-16, 2019 - Level II
- June 28-30, 2019- Level III
- Times: Each Day 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Location: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute
- 53 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (21.5 Core hours for each weekend + 10 independent study hours)
- Investment: $1499 before May 17, $1599 after
- Level I is a Prerequisite for this course (7 CEs).
- Level II and Level III make up the rest of the Certification requirements and must both be attended during the dates stated above. If for some reason you miss Level II, you cannot attend Level III - one builds upon the other. Please make sure that both sets of dates work for you - this is a package and registration is non-transferable.
- Upon completion of all three levels, you will receive Certification by The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) as a "Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist."
- Once certified through ASMI (all 60 CEs), participants are then eligible to become a National Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (NBCCH) if so desired (not required).
- Please note that the pricing for this certificate program is extremely affordable as compared to other certification programs, and it is the only one of its kind in the Southeast!
- Hypnotherapy Certification Program Refund Policy: Cancellations of registrations for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program must be received no less than thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the program. *Please note that payments made via Credit Card or PayPal have certain fees associated with them, some of which are non-recoupable and are therefore non-refundable by The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute. As such, if a refund for the Hypnotherapy Certification Program is requested, there will be a $75 fee deducted from the amount of the refund. This fee does not apply to cash or check payments. Should you have any questions regarding our workshop refund policy, please contact our Director of Business Operations at 770.953.0080 Ext. 2.
Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D., NBCCH-Fellow
Dr. Beaton is a Licensed Psychologist and the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) with over 25 years of experience. She is a National Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy (NBCCH-Fellow) through the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH). Dr. Beaton earned her Fellowship (the highest level of certification) with NBCCH for her extensive years of training and experience in hypnotherapy in 2005. She has taught hundreds of workshops both nationally and internationally. However, for many years Dr. Beaton exclusively taught hypnotherapy certification courses to mental health professionals all over the United States, Mexico, and South Africa. She later created the NBCCH approved training for ASMI in 2008, and she's excited to be teaching this course once again herself in 2017. The primary reason that she has chosen to teach it again amidst her busy schedule is how powerful the training is for the participants - both professionally and personally. For planning purposes, keep in mind that she only plans to teach this certification course once per year. Dr. Beaton is known for her unusual combination of being extremely knowledgeable & scientific yet down-to-earth & easy to understand, while also being playful and humorous. Not only will you learn a ton, you'll have fun doing so. LPCA of Georgia has awarded her with both the Counselor Educator of the Year Award in 2005 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
About Our Program:
The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is an integrative treatment and training facility offering continuing education workshops and seminars to mental health professionals in Atlanta, including a highly respected 60-hour training program for hypnotherapy certification.
This unique program meets the training standards of the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists for professionals seeking NBCCH certification, and it enables the trainee to develop practical skills through didactic teaching, observation of instructor, personal experience, and supervised hypnotherapy practice sessions. The training covers clinically targeted applications of several effective methods and techniques which combine several theoretical models.
- Explain, demonstrate, and practice the three main types of hypnotherapy: Resource State, Cognitive Restructuring, and Regression with memory reconsolidation.
- Provide an overview of cutting edge research on memory reconsolidation and explain ways to incorporate rapid trauma resolution approaches (such as EMDR, tapping, the Counting Method, etc.) with trance to prevent retraumatization & facilitate quicker healing.
- Review the latest findings of the importance of engaging the emotional brain to facilitate change and how hypnotherapy is a perfectly suited intervention to do just this.j
- Discuss several ways to incorporate the principles of hypnotherapy into everyday practice whether or not you initiate an official trance.
- Explain, demonstrate, and practice incorporating hypnotherapy with imaginal & interoceptive exposure therapy for anxiety and the OCD spectrum disorders.
- Provide an overview of Michelle Craske's new research on inhibitory learning and anxiety as well as ways to enhance new learning through hypnotherapy.
- Review evidence regarding "HeartMath" training for distress tolerance, containment, stress management, and mind/body healing (and incorporate with Resource State Hypnotherapy).
- Demonstrate Transpersonal Hypnotherapy.
- Describe and demonstrate three ways to increase mind/body awareness.
Agenda for each day:
- 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Workshop
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 12:00p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch Break (Lunch on Your Own)
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Break
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m (CE Certificates Distributed - Day 3 of Each Weekend Only)
What Previous Participants are Saying About Dr. Beaton's Hypnotherapy Certification Training:
- This is the single best training that I've ever taken! C.C.
- "I cannot recommend this certification course high enough. I left with so many new skills that I can use immediately. I didn't realize that I can combine hypnotherapy with other approaches I use, and it enhances their effectiveness. I feel like I've found a way to make a much greater impact on the quality of my client's lives." A.G.
- "This workshop changed by life both professionally and personally! The experiential exercises were amazing. Not only did I learn some incredible new approaches, I really found myself as a therapist!" T.R.
- "I can't say enough about Dr. Beaton's trainings. I've always been impressed with her knowledge base, but her heart really comes out in this training, and it taught me to open mine as well." S.D.
- "I loved this certification course! What can I say - Life-changing sums it up!" M.O.
- "I was impressed by how quickly we've been able to grasp the material and get comfortable with it. I think the experiential learning impacts this." A.W.
- "My overall impression is that the training is well worth the investment!" E.Q.B.
- "The workshop was profound! I learned a lot and my learning was strongly supported by immediate practice - which further increased my learning." A.B.
53 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: ASMI is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- GSCSW: The Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work has approved this workshop series for 20 Core hours for each weekend (with an additional 10 hours of independent study).
- MFTs: The Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy has approved this workshop series for 21.5 Core hours for each weekend (with an additional 10 hours of independent study).
- NBCCH: ASMI meets the training standards of the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists for professionals seeking certification by the Board. ASMI is an approved CE provider for psychologists, licensed professional counselors, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333