- May 17, 2019
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 7 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours
- This workshop is a Prerequisite for our Certification Course in Clinical Hypotherapy(Levels II & III). Space is limited to 28 participants for the Certification Course - please register early for Levels II & III if you want to guarantee a spot!
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $150 before May 3, $175 after
Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D., NBCCH-Fellow
Dr. Beaton is a Licensed Psychologist and the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) with over 25 years of experience. She is a National Board Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy (NBCCH-Fellow) through the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH). Dr. Beaton earned her Fellowship (the highest level of certification) with NBCCH for her extensive years of training and experience in hypnotherapy in 2005. She has taught hundreds of workshops both nationally and internationally. However, for many years Dr. Beaton exclusively taught hypnotherapy certification courses to mental health professionals all over the United States, Mexico, and South Africa. She later created the NBCCH approved training for ASMI in 2008, and she's excited to be teaching this course once again herself in 2017. The primary reason that she has chosen to teach it again amidst her busy schedule is how powerful the training is for the participants - both professionally and personally. For planning purposes, keep in mind that she only plans to teach this certification course once per year. Dr. Beaton is known for her unusual combination of being extremely knowledgeable & scientific yet down-to-earth & easy to understand, while also being playful and humorous. Not only will you learn a ton, you'll have fun doing so. LPCA of Georgia has awarded her with both the Counselor Educator of the Year Award in 2005 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
The three basic types of hypnotherapy, including resource state development, sensory-enhanced cognitive restructuring, and regression (with cutting edge memory reconsolidation added) will be presented. Dr. Beaton will discuss the sometimes controversial application of hypnotherapy and how to avoid false memory syndrome and other misuses of this incredibly valuable skill. This workshop will be both didactic and experiential and participants will walk away with knowledge and skills they can apply immediately.
- Define hypnotherapy and review evidence regarding its effectiveness.
- Demonstrate several ways to induce a hypnotic trance and the importance of engaging the emotional brain.
- Discuss possible risks and populations with whom hypnotherapy is contraindicated.
- Compare the three main types of hypnotherapy: resource state, sensory-enhanced cognitive restructuring, and regression (with memory reconsolidation).
- Identify several ways to incorporate hypnotherapy into your practice and increase clinical success as well as revenue.
- Provide an overview of Neuro-Linguistic Programming as a means for enhancing therapeutic effectiveness.
- Identify three ways to increase the mind/body connection: Applied kinesiology, Ideomotor finger signals, and body scans.
- Demonstrate self-hypnosis through experiential activity.
- 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Workshop
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 12:00p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch Break (Lunch on Your Own)
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Break
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Workshop (Cont.)
- 4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. CE Certificates are Distributed
7 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- Psychologists: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for seven core continuing education hours for social workers by the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop satisfies the requirements for seven related continuing education hours for marriage & family therapists.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333