- December 6, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 6 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Location: Wellstar Vinings Health Park Community Education & Wellness Center (4441 Atlanta Rd. SE, Smyrna, GA 30080)
- Per the request of the hospital, please park as far away from the entrance as possible to allow patients easier access.
- Investment: $135 before November 22, $155 after
Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D.
Dr. Becky Beaton is the Founder and Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute in Atlanta, and she is an expert in treating Anxiety Disorders as well Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders. She has taught numerous workshops both nationally and internationally. In 2005, she was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by the Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia. Additionally, Dr. Beaton has completed over 60 episodes as the featured psychologist on the hit series "Hoarding: Buried Alive" and has made recent appearances on the Anderson Cooper Show, CNN Headline News, & Good Morning America.
We encourage our clients to participate in behavioral strategies for their mental health (diet, exercise, social support, mindfulness, laughter, etc.), but have you wondered what the recent research says about why these things work? This workshop will discuss the latest research and strategies for taking a more holistic approach to mental and physical health. Understanding the mind-body connection is truly the wave of the future for therapists, and it's about time mainstream medicine recognizes the importance! If you want to learn more about where healthcare is headed as well as some amazing strategies for increasing mind-body health, this is the workshop for you!
- Explain the research and strategies behind a variety of holistic interventions that increase mind-body health. These include but are not limited to diet, exercise, sleep, pursuit of meaning & purpose, mindfulness, sunlight, nature, social support, breathing, music, and even service animals.
- Discuss the body’s “stress system,” the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis, and outline clear strategies for treating stress-driven hormone imbalances.
- Introduce recent research which completely changes the way we need to think about stress and its effect on our physical and mental health.
- Summarize the plethora of natural supplements that may be used for anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues and if holistic approaches are right for your clients.
- Explain the Cytokine (Inflammatory) Theory of Depression and ways to keep inflammation in check to improve both our mental and physical health.
- Evaluate the benefits of increased brain-derived neurotrophic factors (fertilizer for the mind) and how to increase neuroplasticity, which helps with healing, learning, and mood.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:15 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:15 - 1:15 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:15 - 2:45 Afternoon Session
- 2:45 - 3:00 Break
- 3:00 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 - 4:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
6 Core CE Clock Hours:
- Psychologists: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for six core continuing education hours for social workers by the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Pending approval
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333