- June 21, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (Related Hours for MFTs)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Rd. Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $115 before June 7, $130 after
Presented by: Tara Williams, Ph.D.
Dr. Tara Williams is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and has extensive experience working with complex PTSD and dissociative patients. Coming to us from the Trauma Disorders program of Sheppard Pratt Hospital and the Center of Post-Traumatic Disorders Program of the Psychiatric Institute of Washington, Dr. Tara Williams has been trained by some of the foremost experts in the field of dissociation and is an active member of the ISSTD.
Many clinicians have not recieved extensive training regarding how to assess and treat complex PTSD and dissociative disorders. This continuing education workshop will focus on how to assess for dissociative disorders as well as how to stabilize clients who have multiple traumatic events in their past and who may be suffering from multiple comorbid Axis 1 conditions.
- Differentiate PTSD from complex PTSD.
- Learn how to assess for complex PTSD and dissociative disorders in a time efficient way in clinical practice.
- Acquire an understanding of Dissociative Identity Disorder and how it originates
- Develop basic skills for stabilizing symptoms in chronic trauma survivors.
- Acquire a basic working knowledge of how to manage transference in the therapeutic alliance with chronic trauma survivors.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- GSCSW: This workshop is approved for 5 core hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- MFTs: Related hours.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333