Presented by: Courtney Armstrong, LPC/MHSP, NCC
Courtney Armstrong is the author of the book Transforming Traumatic Grief and owns a successful counseling practice in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Warm and humorous in her style, Courtney shows you how to bridge insights from clinical research into practice and gives participants tools that speak the language of the emotional brain where our affective memories and attachment symbols are stored. View a free preview of one of Courtney’s trainings by visiting her website: http://www.courtneyarmstronglpc.com.
In this one-day training workshop, Courtney Armstrong, LPC will present highlights of the latest neuroscience research findings regarding traumatic memory, and introduce you to an alternative method of treatment called Rapid Trauma Resolution (RTR). Rapid Trauma Resolution is an innovative approach developed by Dr. Jon Connelly that uses gentle, yet powerful interventions that reach the subconscious mind where traumatic memories can be transformed and properly integrated, often in as little as one session. With RTR, it is not necessary to relive past events or experience any pain. Unconscious conflicts blocking desired change are pinpointed and resolved. As the root cause of problems is cleared, positive change endures.
Workshop features three filmed demonstrations of the technique with:
- an Afghanistan War Combat Veteran
- a Childhood Incest Survivor
- a September 11th-WTC Bombing First Responder
- Describe recent neuroscience findings regarding traumatic memory.
- Utilize precise multi-level communication to change emotions, beliefs, expectations and self-concept.
- Instantly pinpoint the exact event to resolve, in order that desired emotional and behavioral change takes place.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 – 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 – 10:45 Break
- 10:45 – 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 – 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 – 2:15 Break
- 2:15 – 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 – 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- NASW: Related hours.
- MFTs: Related hours.