- Saturday, August 24, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 6 Ethics or Core Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Satisfies the Legal & Ethical requirement for becoming or renewing the Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $135 before August 10, $155 after
Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D. (www.DrBeckyBeaton.com)
Dr. Beaton is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor (CPCS). She has supervised several hundred individuals to licensure since 1997. Dr. Beaton has been on the Georgia Psychological Association's Ethics Committee since 2010 and Ethics Chair since 2014. She was also the Ethics Chair & Supervisory Registry Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) for two years and helped create the original requirements for the CPCS. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Additionally, Dr. Beaton is the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute in Atlanta. Her primary passion is teaching and mentoring. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
- Compare the new Composite Board Licensing Requirements in Georgia (Oct 1, 2018) to the previous ones for LAPCs and LPCs.
- Identify the LPCA-GA requirements for Certification and Recertification of the CPCS
- Review several Ethical Guidelines related to Counseling and Supervision: CPCS, NBCC, ACA, AMHCA, and the ACES Best Practices in Clinical Supervision.
- Summarize what you need to include in your Supervisory Informed Consent as well as other supervisory and supervisee required documentation.
- Discuss the vicarious liability every supervisor needs to be aware of as well as procedures to put in place to minimize risk.
- Describe the importance of ascertaining supervisee competence, reviewing notes, and running a successful supervision group.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:15 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:15 - 1:15 Lunch (on your own)
- 1:15 - 2:45 Afternoon Session
- 2:45 - 3:00 Break
- 3:00 - 4:30 Afternoon Session
- 4:30 - 4:45 Distribution of CE Certificates
What people are saying about Dr. Beaton's ethics workshops:
- "I only take ethics trainings from Dr. Becky. Somehow she makes it fun, the time flies by, and I know I'm getting the correct information!"
- "I was dreading doing this - expecting it to be boring & anxiety producing. Becky's approach made it interesting, relevant, and encouraging!" J.T.
- "Extraordinary! As always, Dr. Beaton is engaging, easy to understand - and the time flies by!" B.D.
- "Great presenter - energetic, funny, & amazingly well-informed" - C.H.
- "Becky's presentations are interesting and informative. There is always something new that I learn, even after 30 years of practice!" - N.M.
- "I always feel we're getting the latest info with Becky!" A.S.
6 Ethics or Core CE Clock Hours primarily for Counselors (since this workshop is designed around the needs of the Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor)
- Counselors: ASMI is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for six ethics continuing education hours for social workers.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for six ethics continuing education hours for marriage and family therapists.
- Psychologists: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333