- September 20, 2019
- 12:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- 3 Ethics or Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (Includes 3 TeleMental Health Supervision Hours and satisfies the new Composite Board requirements for the State of Georgia Supervisors. Also satisfies the three-hour Legal & Ethical requirement for renewing the Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor credential at the same time!)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $82 before September 6, $92 after
Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D. (www.DrBeckyBeaton.com)
Dr. Beaton is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor's Supervisor (CPCS). She has supervised several hundred individuals to licensure over the past 20 years. Dr. Beaton has been on the Georgia Psychological Association's Ethics Committee for seven years and Ethics Chair since 2014. She was also the Ethics Chair & Supervisory Registry Chair for the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) for two years and help create the original requirements for the CPCS. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made recent appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Additionally, Dr. Beaton is the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute in Atlanta. Her primary passion is teaching and mentoring. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015.
- Explain the "TeleMental Health" law in Georgia and how it pertains to supervisors.
- Discuss the difference between Supervision and Consultation.
- Summarize what you need to include in your Supervisory Informed Consent as well as a Consultation Informed Consent.
- Identify what technology applies to TeleMental Supervision, including audio and video recordings of client sessions and how this technology needs to be stored, transferred, and destroyed.
- Review the ethical guidelines for supervision and relate these to TeleMental Health.
- Discuss the importance of having supervisees conduct a risk analysis of all technology-assisted media in use and how to document this for the supervisor to reduce vicarious liability.
- 12:00 - 12:30 Registration
- 12:30 - 2:00 Welcome and Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:45 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:45 - 4:00 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
What people are saying about Dr. Beaton's Ethics & TeleMental Health workshops:
- "My colleagues have been attending the TeleMental Health trainings over the past few months. They all report that Dr. Beaton's is hands down the best, most informed, and presented very well. Great job!" A.W.
- "I was dreading doing this - expecting it to be boring & anxiety producing. Becky's approach made it interesting, relevant, and encouraging!" J.T.
- "Extraordinary! As always, Dr. Beaton is engaging, easy to understand - and the time flies by!" B.D.
- "Great presenter - energetic, funny, & amazingly well-informed" - C.H.
- "Becky's presentations are interesting and informative. There is always something new that I learn, even after 30 years of practice!" - N.M.
- "I always feel we're getting the latest info with Becky!" A.S.
3 Ethics or Core CE Clock Hours by:
- Psychologists: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: ASMI is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for three ethics or core continuing education hours for social workers.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: This workshop is approved for three ethics or core continuing education hours for marriage and family therapists.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333