- To Be Announced
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 6 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (Related Hours for MFTs)
- Location: TBD
- Cost: $135 before TBA, $155 after
Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D.
Dr. Becky Beaton is the Founder and Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute in Atlanta, and she has taught numerous workshops both nationally and internationally. You may have seen her on one of the 60 episodes that she filmed as the featured psychologist on TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive." She has also made recent appearances on The Anderson Cooper Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Headline News. Additionally, Dr. Beaton is the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute in Atlanta. Her primary passion is teaching and mentoring. She has served as Adjunct Faculty for both Emory and Georgia State Universities, and Dr. Beaton was voted Counselor Educator of the Year by LPCA-GA in 2005 and received their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015. People love Dr. Beaton's down to earth, humorous style, and they come back again and again to take her workshops.
- Explain how the DSM-5 relates to the ICD-10 and what codes are needed for insurance reimbursement. Note that some codes are only found in the ICD-10.
- Review the plethora of changes that have been made each year to the DSM-5 and ICD-10 since they were each first published.
- Provide an overview of the DSM-5 and ICD-10 as well as summarize the differences between the DSM-IV and the DSM-5.
- Introduce the new DSM-5 assessment measures available to assist with proper diagnosis.
- Discuss controversies surrounding the DSM-5.
- Describe the new organizational structure as well as the severity scales now added in the DSM-5.
- Introduce the NIMH's Research Domain Criteria (RDoC) project, a framework intended to complement the DSM-5.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:15 - 1:15 Break for Lunch
- 1:15 - 2:30 Afternoon Session
- 2:30 - 2:45 Break
- 2:45 - 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 - 4:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
What people say about Dr. Beaton's workshops:
- “Very current info! Presenter was wonderful and entertaining." - S.O.
- "Very informative, not a dull moment. A must attend." - B.W.
- "Dr. Beaton was excellent! Far exceeded my expectations. Valuable, current information delivered in a relaxed, humorous and yet professional way." - E.D.
- "Great overview + primer - best I've ever received" - E.J.
- "Loved it! Dr. Becky is great! Very helpful" - D.D.
6 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- Psychologists: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for six core continuing education hours by the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- Marriage & Family Therapists: This workshop satisfies the requirements for six related continuing education hours for marriage & family therapists..
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333