- Friday, December 13, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (MFTs - Pending)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Investment: $115 before November 29, $130 after
Presented by: Aaron Feldman, Ph.D.
Dr. Aaron Feldman is a licensed psychologist and specializes in treating ADHD across the lifespan. He received his Masters degree in Counseling from Johns Hopkins University and his doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Georgia State University. Aaron has been providing mental health services for adults, families and children in a variety of settings since 1995. These settings included: the Johns Hopkins Community Psychiatry Program, the Georgia Tech and Georgia State University Counseling Centers, the Northwest Family Center (Washington, DC), and Odyssey Family Counseling Center. He has been with The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute since 2004, and his practice remains full most of the time - clients love him!!! However, not only is he a wonderful psychologist, he is a well sought after speaker and has taught engaging workshops all over the country with outstanding reviews.
This workshop is an amazing overview of the research and treatment approaches specific to clients with ADHD, including both children and adults. Participants will walk away with a deeper understanding of this often disguised issue as well as several new skills you may utilize immediately with your clients. Additionally, Dr. Feldman's presentation style is incredibly entertaining. He is known for being one of the best speakers on our staff!
- Identify the three main types of ADHD and how they typically manifest themselves in children and adults.
- Describe how the presence of ADHD affects individuals at various points across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate how common behavioral patterns consistent with other disorders (i.e. anxiety, depression, ODD, etc.) often mask the presence of ADHD.
- Discuss how traditional models of therapy are not always the most effective for treating clients with ADHD.
- Explain strategies and treatment approaches that will enable clinicians to work more effectively with their ADHD clients.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- Psychologists: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Counselors: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Social Workers: This workshop is approved for five core continuing education hours by the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- Marriage & Family Therapists: Pending
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333