Presented by: Becky Beaton, Ph.D.
Dr. Beaton has been featured on over 60 episodes as the treating psychologist on TLC’s hit series “Hoarding: Buried Alive.” Her experience in working with Hoarding Disorders has also given Dr. Beaton the opportunity to appear on CNN Headline News, Good Morning America and Anderson Live (twice). During her most recent appearance on Anderson Live, Anderson Cooper introduced her as “one of the leading experts in Hoarding Disorder.”
Dr. Beaton has over 23 years of experience in the mental health field. She is also the Founder and Clinical Director of The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute. She has taught numerous workshops both nationally and internationally and receives outstanding reviews. People love her humor and down to earth style. Additionally, Dr. Beaton was awarded “Counselor Educator of the Year” by the Licensed Professional Counselor’s Association.
- Explain the new DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for Hoarding Disorder, including the latest research and treatments.
- Discuss events throughout history such as war, the Great Depression, and natural disasters that effect multiple generations regarding attachment.
- Examine the etiology and progressive nature of this disorder, including the role that trauma, loss, and aging play in its development.
- Demonstrate treatment through film clips of Dr. Beaton and other experts treating clients on the television series “Hoarding: Buried Alive”.
- Explore participants’ own attachment patterns regarding belongings.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration (Coffee, Tea, and Granola Bars Served)
- 9:00 – 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 – 10:45 Break
- 10:45 – 12:15 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:15 – 1:15 Lunch Break (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:15 – 2:45 Afternoon Session
- 2:45 – 3:00 Break
- 3:00 – 4:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 4:30 – 4:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
What people are saying about this workshop:
- “Dr. Beaton’s presentation was a great mix of current research, facts, examples, treatment options, and humor! She has a great sense of humor, which I appreciate.”
- “Becky is simply WONDERFUL! She is SO intelligent, knowledgeable, and professional. She has a way of conveying information in a clear and entertaining fashion. You are engaged from the moment you walk in the door. -BR “
- “Outstanding integration of very useful treatment information and modalities, all presented with humor and grace! -BD.”
6 Core CE Clock Hours:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6502. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- GSCSW: This workshop is approved for 6 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- MFTs: Related hours.