- February 15, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Core Continuing Education Clock Hours (Related Hours for MFTs)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (3045 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339)
- Cost: $105 before February 1, $120 after
Presented by: Tara Arnold, Ph.D., LCSW
Tara Arnold, PhD, LCSW, CEDS-S is the clinical director and co-founder of WholeHeart Psychotherapy, a practice specializing in healing relationships with food, sex, and body. Dr Arnold is intensively trained in DBT an d a renowned speaker in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and has presented nationally educating clinicians on DBT techniques since 1999. In her practice at WholeHeart Psychotherapy in Atlanta, Dr Arnold conducts individual therapy and group therapy in body image, DBT, interpersonal dynamics, and healing eating disorders.
Treating eating disorders is a complex and multifaceted process. Ethically, we must utilize evidence based treatments to deliver the most efficacious treatment to people with such serious and life threatening disorders. Dialectical behavior therapy is rapidly becoming the treatment of choice for the treatment of emotional regulation and countless other mental health struggles. Principles of mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, radical acceptance, and interpersonal effectiveness will be applied to the treatment of eating disorders. This five hour workshop will focus on the new diagnostic criteria for eating disorders as defined by the DSM-5, and the treatment of eating disorders will be articulated. Dialectical behavior therapy will be described, and the application of DBT to the specific concerns of eating disorders will be provided. Participants will gain an enthusiasm for this helpful and effective treatment.
- Develop an understanding of the new DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for eating disorders as well as the current clinical presentation of eating disorders.
- Increase awareness of the treatment of eating disorders including the treatment team and levels of care involved in the treatment of eating disorders.
- Gain an understanding of dialectical behavior therapy principles of mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotional regulation, and distress tolerance.
- Develop an appreciation for the unique application of DBT to the eating disorder population.
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30 Welcome and Morning Session
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Morning Session (Cont.)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Break for Lunch (Lunch is on Your Own)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Afternoon Session
- 2:00 - 2:15 Break
- 2:15 - 3:30 Afternoon Session (Cont.)
- 3:30 - 3:45 Continuing Education Certificates Distributed
5 Core CE Clock Hours by:
- APA: The Anxiety & Stress Management Institute (ASMI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ASMI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NBCC: ASMI is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- GSCSW: This workshop is approved for 5 core CE hours through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
- MFTs: Related hours.
Paying with Credit Card?
Paying by Cash or Check?
For information about our Continuing Education Workshops, please contact our Continuing Education
Workshop Coordinator at:
770.953.0080 Ext. 333